How do I qualify?

To qualify for this service, you need to be a diplomat, a member of an international organisation representing their country abroad or a diplomatic mission purchasing a vehicle for use as an official vehicle.
Confirmation of your status as an envoy of your country can be verified using:

  • A diplomatic passport from the Foreign Ministry with accreditation from the host country
  • A special identity document issued by the foreign ministry. Or special identity documents issued by the host country for members of international organisations. If you are a member of one of the organisations below then you can also qualify.
  • An official passport from the UN or associated organisations
Other qualifying diplomatic bodies

Internationally coordinated organisations

  • North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO)
  • Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD)
  • European Space Agency (ESA)
  • Western European Union (WEU)
  • Council of Europe

Other international organisations

  • European Organisation for Nuclear Research (CERN)
  • Interpol
  • Organisation for Security and Co-operation in Europe (OSCE)

UN main organisation specialist agencies and institutions

  • International Labour Organisation (ILO)
  • United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO)
  • International Telecommunication Union (ITU)
  • International Bank for Reconstruction and Development (IBRD)
  • International Development Association (IDA)
  • International Monetary Fund (IMF)

European Commission

  • European Parliament
  • European Court

If you are a member of a diplomatic body not listed above then please click here to enquire further.